Minor cuts caused by accidents are part of everyday life.
They are mostly caused by handling tools or routine activities (a knife that slips, a sheet of paper that cuts your fingers, a broken glass, etc.).
They can be a source of constant discomfort, especially if the wound, although superficial, is in an awkward place (joint, tip of the finger, skin crease, etc.)
What to do
- Clean the wound with an alcohol-free disinfectant, such as Urgo Chlorhexidine.
- Rinse with water or normal saline solution.
- Dry carefully using an Urgo compress.
- If you opt to use a spray-on dressing, such as Urgo Dressing Spray for superficial wounds, spray the dressing onto the wound, holding it 5-10 centimetres from the wound. Leave to dry for 1 minute.
- If you opt to use an Urgo Silver Technology dressing for all types of superficial wounds, remove the protective tabs and apply the dressing to the area to be treated.
What is lipido-colloid technology (TLC)?
This technology combines hydrocolloid particles (carboxymethylcellulose) and petroleum jelly, coating the mesh that covers the compress.
In contact with fluids released by the wound, the mesh releases hydrocolloid particles. These particles interact with the petroleum jelly component to form a lipido-colloid contact gel, creating conditions favourable to moist-environment healing and relieving pain. This gel rinses off when the dressing is changed. Containing petroleum jelly but not greasy to the touch, the new high-tech Urgo Silver technology tulle dressing for all types of superficial wounds does not stick to the wound, guaranteeing painless, trauma-free dressing changes.
What is silver technology?
Silver has long been used in medicine.
It is an active ingredient known to be effective against a broad spectrum of bacteria, which are the main sources of wound infection and complications. Silver acts directly on the bacteria, helping to impair their vital functions. Due to its multiple action sites, it does not induce any bacterial resistance (unlike antibiotics, for example).
A natural, mineral active substance, silver is not a synthetic, chemically-produced ingredient and offers excellent skin tolerance.